Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Be confident. People can only correct your mistakes when they hear you make them. Surround yourself in English. Put yourself in an all English speaking environment where you can learn passively. The best w
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Be confident. People can only correct your mistakes when they hear you make them.
- Surround yourself in English. Put yourself in an all English speaking environment where you can learn passively. The best way to learn is through speaking.
- Practise every day. Make yourself a study plan. Decide how much time a week you are going to spend studying and stick to it. Establish a routine.
- Tell your family and friends about your study plan. Get them to push you to study and also don’t let them interrupt you.
- Practise the 4 core skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. They all need to be worked on for you to improve.
- Keep a notebook of new words you learn. Use them in sentences and try to say them at least 3 times when you speak.
- Visit EC’s free learn English website at least once a day and complete a lesson.
- Memorisation of lists is one of the most common ways of learning vocabulary for a test. It’s only a good exercise for short term studying because you often do not retain the information that you have learned for a test.
- Use your body clock. If you’re not a morning person, study in the afternoon.
- You will find words easier to remember if you try to remember an example sentence using that word rather the word on its own.
- Plan to take a test. You’ll find that you work harder when you need to study for something.
- Saying that, it’s better not to study just to take a test. Think of the bigger picture. What can you do when you have a good command of English? How will the quality of your life improve?
- Give yourself a long term goal. Focus on working towards it.
- Give yourself short term goals too and reward yourself when you achieve each one.
- Create an atmosphere in which you want to learn, not because you have to. You’ll learn more when you’re learning because you want to.
- Know what works best for you. Think about what methods have been successful for you in the past and stick with them.
- Figure out how you learn. It can be by memorising, reading, speaking, summarising or other methods. Find out how you study best. It can be in a quiet place by yourself or with a group.
- Get help! If you don’t understand something you’ve got to ask someone. Ask your teacher, classmates or friends for help.
- Review! Review! Review! Make sure that you take the time to review things you have studied in the past.
- It’s not a good idea to study on your own for more than 30 minutes at a time. Take regular breaks, get some fresh air and stretch your legs.
12. 最好不要学习只是为了考试。想到更大的画面。当你精通英语时, 你能做什么？你的生活质量将如何改善？
14. 给自己短期目标, 并奖励自己当你达到每一个。
15. 创造一个你想学习的氛围, 而不是因为你必须去做。当你学习的时候, 你会学到更多, 因为你想。
16. 知道什么对你最有效。思考一下过去你成功的方法, 并坚持下去。
17. 找出你的学习方法。它可以是通过记忆, 阅读, 说话, 总结或其他方法。找出你学习的最好方法。它可以在一个安静的地方, 你自己或与团体。
18. 获取帮助!如果你不明白一些事情, 你必须问别人。向老师、同学或朋友求助。
20. 每次学习30分钟都不是个好主意。定期休息, 呼吸新鲜空气, 伸展腿部。